Scholarship Day

I have less than a week left of my freshman year! It’s mind-boggling and scary that it went by so quickly. I have so much more to tell you before I leave, though! My solution: write one blog post for each of my remaining days. Do you think I can do it? I think so. Or at least, I hope! Here it goes…

Like many students at Bucknell, I am a scholarship recipient. Last Saturday, I had the amazing opportunity to actually meet my benefactor. Students and generous donors gathered in Sojka Pavilion on Saturday to enjoy an afternoon of delicious food and delightful conversation. It was unbelievable to see the number of people who donate to the scholarship fund, most of whom are alumni. They told us that they treasure the time they spent at Bucknell and they want to make it possible for others to do that as well. I am very thankful they feel that way because the truth is, I would not be at Bucknell if it wasn’t for the generous contribution of my benefactors—the Sampson Family. Meeting Ben Sampson was surreal. I was sitting next to the man who was largely responsible for my being here. He is the reason I got to move to Lewisburg last August. Because of him I took some amazing classes this past year, with some of the best professors I could imagine. Thanks to the Sampson Family, I travelled to Nicaragua in January—my first time leaving the country! Without the help of the Sampson Family Recruitment Annual Scholarship, I would not have met the wonderful friends that I have today, and already cannot imagine my life without. I have had a year full of thrilling, unique, and life-changing experiences. I hope that Ben Sampson and his family understand how thankful I am for their generous and selfless gift. I hope that someday I can do the same for someone else.

2 Responses to “Scholarship Day”

1. Orgreenic says:

Truly, fantastic posting! Kudos for sharing. I do have a couple questions for you, so I’ll look for your email and email them directly if that’s okay.

2. Lore says:

You’ve hit the ball out the park! Incrdebile!