Engineers for Sustainable Development

When I first came to Bucknell, one of my goals for the year was to establish an Engineers Without Borders program here on campus. I spoke with the Engineering Dean and a few professors and I was so excited to get started. After being on campus for a little bit, I got in contact with a senior, Kevin Matthews, who was trying to start a similar program, just like I was. Long story short, with the help from Kevin, a few professors, other students, and my partner in crime—Maddie Greenlee—we are now an official club on campus! We decided to go a slightly different route, so instead of EWB we are calling ourselves Engineers for Sustainable Development. We are going to work more within the University to find potential projects and use the resources we have available to us. We are really excited to get started and start looking for potential projects. We hope to find an international project soon so that we can begin work next fall, and hopefully be able to travel next summer!

One Response to “Engineers for Sustainable Development”

1. Melia says:

It’s much eiaesr to understand when you put it that way!